SHOT: Staying Alive with Diabetes, by Amy F. Ryan, is an intimate portrait of a young woman’s sudden transition to type 1 diabetes and a life of insulin dependence. Treatment for a routine infection one Monday morning yielded, with stunning speed, to a glucose monitor, test strips, and a life-altering diagnosis. In SHOT, Amy Ryan shows what it really takes to manage an incurable disease.
Get notified about newly published Savvy Diabetic posts.
- D-Parody of Justin Timberlake’s “Can’t Stop the Feeling”
- Savvy Eating: In Defense of Food (Eater’s Manifesto), Avocado Study
- Beyond Type 1 Bike Beyond Documentary is OUTSTANDING!
- Savvy Update 9/10/18: Bigfoot Biomedical, Beta Bionics, Tandem, Sleep, Metformin and Aging, Glucagon
- Guide to Accessing Your Diabetes Therapy by diaTribe