SHOT: Staying Alive with Diabetes, by Amy F. Ryan, is an intimate portrait of a young woman’s sudden transition to type 1 diabetes and a life of insulin dependence. Treatment for a routine infection one Monday morning yielded, with stunning speed, to a glucose monitor, test strips, and a life-altering diagnosis. In SHOT, Amy Ryan shows what it really takes to manage an incurable disease.
Order The Savvy Diabetic Books and Apparel
Get notified about newly published Savvy Diabetic posts.
- Savvy Updates, 2/10/2018: Omnipod Dash, Lilly Exec to Mannkind, D Meds Ease Memory Loss, Microbiome at Joslin,
- Savvy Humor: Guess Which One!
- More Investigations: Insulin Quality? Aetna’s Faulty Clinical Review Process?
- From InsulinNation: Diabetes Language: nicknames, phrases and combo words
- Breaking news: Congress just passed a two-year renewal of the Special Diabetes Program (SDP)!