SHOT: Staying Alive with Diabetes, by Amy F. Ryan, is an intimate portrait of a young woman’s sudden transition to type 1 diabetes and a life of insulin dependence. Treatment for a routine infection one Monday morning yielded, with stunning speed, to a glucose monitor, test strips, and a life-altering diagnosis. In SHOT, Amy Ryan shows what it really takes to manage an incurable disease.
Order The Savvy Diabetic Books and Apparel
Get notified about newly published Savvy Diabetic posts.
- Friday the 13th (thanks to ASweetLife.org)
- Savvy Diabetic on The Bonnie Sher Show SEASON OPENER!!
- Interesting T1 Topics: Coffee, CGM Hacks, Depression, GI capsule
- Quincy, the Diabetic Koala Wears a Dexcom G6!
- Savvy Updates 6/30/18: Keto vs. Mediterranean Diet, Qtern, Afrezza, OpenAPS & Loop, Whisk, SOOIL,