SHOT: Staying Alive with Diabetes, by Amy F. Ryan, is an intimate portrait of a young woman’s sudden transition to type 1 diabetes and a life of insulin dependence. Treatment for a routine infection one Monday morning yielded, with stunning speed, to a glucose monitor, test strips, and a life-altering diagnosis. In SHOT, Amy Ryan shows what it really takes to manage an incurable disease.
Get notified about newly published Savvy Diabetic posts.
- Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against HHS Secretary Alex Azar
- Savvy Eating: Spirulina, Artificial Sweeteners, Whole Grains, Keto Diet, Protein Sweeteners, Squash w/ Turmeric
- Savvy News 1/14/19: Eversense User, Glucagon, Trina Guilty, Novo Innovation Winners, DPP-4 Side Effects
- Good Reads: Tested, One Sniff, Greed on Trial
- Wishing You Blessings and Joy, O Savvy Ones!