SHOT: Staying Alive with Diabetes, by Amy F. Ryan, is an intimate portrait of a young woman’s sudden transition to type 1 diabetes and a life of insulin dependence. Treatment for a routine infection one Monday morning yielded, with stunning speed, to a glucose monitor, test strips, and a life-altering diagnosis. In SHOT, Amy Ryan shows what it really takes to manage an incurable disease.
Order The Savvy Diabetic Books and Apparel
Get notified about newly published Savvy Diabetic posts.
- Be a Savvy Insurance Consumer : No Small Voice and The Insurance Survey 2018
- Savvy about the New Complication: Getting Older with Type 1 Diabetes
- Savvy Food: Healthy Food Swaps, Be a Polite T1 Guest, Foods to Lower Blood Pressure
- Want to Donate Your Pancreas? Learn about the Network for Pancreatic Organ Donors with Diabetes (nPOD)
- Savvy Updates 10 April 2018 FOLLOW THE $$: Lilly in our Future, JDRF Early Stage Investment Fund, New Infusion Technology