Associated Press reporter Patrick Connolly, in 1986, adjusts the insulin pump he wears on his belt to keep his blood sugar near normal. The 1-pound pump delivers a squirt of insulin through a slim tube into a small needle under the skin of Connolly’s abdomen every few minutes. AP
Get notified about newly published Savvy Diabetic posts.
- Savvy Updates, 9/21/20: Islet Viability Matrix (UPenn), Tuina Therapy for Insulin Delivery, Antibiotics and T1D Heart Disease, Impact of Covid-19 on Research & Clinical Trials
- Savvy Pets, 9/18/20: A Cat Named Sugar Who Knew Manaya Had T1D
- Savvy Looping, 9/16/20: Scott Benner of Juicebox Podcast on Looping and Raising a T1D,
- Savvy Pets, 9/11/20: An AMAZING Pet Bonanza, with Ragz, Papyrus, Cali & Mickey
- SAVVY Is As Savvy Does: Shoes!