Associated Press reporter Patrick Connolly, in 1986, adjusts the insulin pump he wears on his belt to keep his blood sugar near normal. The 1-pound pump delivers a squirt of insulin through a slim tube into a small needle under the skin of Connolly’s abdomen every few minutes. AP
Get notified about newly published Savvy Diabetic posts.
- Savvy Pets, 7/10/20: Willow, the Diabetes Alert Cat … and more!
- Savvy 4th of July, 2020: Fireworks and Dogs
- Savvy Eating, 7/1/20: 3D Printed Steaks, Plant-Based Protein Slows Kidney Decline
- Savvy Updates, 6/29/20: Tandem Acquires Sugarmate, Insulet Installs Solar Panels, Glucose Revival & Shark Tank
- Savvy Pets, 6/26/20: Pure Love with Sir Oliver and Bella … Amazing Facts about Cats