SHOT: Staying Alive with Diabetes, by Amy F. Ryan, is an intimate portrait of a young woman’s sudden transition to type 1 diabetes and a life of insulin dependence. Treatment for a routine infection one Monday morning yielded, with stunning speed, to a glucose monitor, test strips, and a life-altering diagnosis. In SHOT, Amy Ryan shows what it really takes to manage an incurable disease.
Get notified about newly published Savvy Diabetic posts.
- Savvy Pets, 2/28/20: Meet Rocky, the Snuggling CockaPoo … and Whiskey Knows Her Toys
- Savvy Eating and Lifestyles, 2/26/20: Eat a Bigger Breakfast, McDonald’s Candles & Crystal Engagement Ring … and Moldy Burger King Whopper
- Savvy Fun, 2/25/20: If Blood Sugar Could Talk (Part 1 & 2)
- Savvy Pets, 2/21/20: Hello, Sweet Crosby (aka Cord Eater) … and
- Savvy Eating and Lifestyles, 2/19/20: 3D Printed Burgers, Koji-based Bacon, Healthy-Habits Well Challenge, World’s Worst Smell … and Coffee!