SHOT: Staying Alive with Diabetes, by Amy F. Ryan, is an intimate portrait of a young woman’s sudden transition to type 1 diabetes and a life of insulin dependence. Treatment for a routine infection one Monday morning yielded, with stunning speed, to a glucose monitor, test strips, and a life-altering diagnosis. In SHOT, Amy Ryan shows what it really takes to manage an incurable disease.
Get notified about newly published Savvy Diabetic posts.
- Savvy Pets, 6/5/20: Awwwww … Precious ZOE!
- Savvy LOOPing, 6/3/20: Glenn Weber on Tools and Mini Goals to Stay Motivated
- Savvy Updates, 6/1/20: Insulin Coupons, Less HbA1c variability with pump over MDI, Student invention for MDI
- Savvy Pets, 5/29/20: Stunning Max & Summer (from a super T1D family …
- Savvy Food/Eating, 5/26/20: +/- of Low Carb Diets, Responses to Plant-based Eating, The FAT Gene!