SHOT: Staying Alive with Diabetes, by Amy F. Ryan, is an intimate portrait of a young woman’s sudden transition to type 1 diabetes and a life of insulin dependence. Treatment for a routine infection one Monday morning yielded, with stunning speed, to a glucose monitor, test strips, and a life-altering diagnosis. In SHOT, Amy Ryan shows what it really takes to manage an incurable disease.
Get notified about newly published Savvy Diabetic posts.
- Savvy Updates, 10/14/19: Nobel Prize 2019, Diasome, Dogs Boost Survival
- Savvy Pets, 10/11/19: Goats are Drawn to Smiling Faces
- Savvy Health, 10/9/19: Salt, Cooked vs. Raw Diet, “Net Carbs”, Meatless Burgers, Coffee, Deli Art
- Savvy Books: Twas My Type Of Christmas, Parenting Children with Diabetes
- Savvy Updates, 10/7/19: Israeli T1 Cure, ViaCyte, Lispro, Pump Flaw, Fidgeting