SHOT: Staying Alive with Diabetes, by Amy F. Ryan, is an intimate portrait of a young woman’s sudden transition to type 1 diabetes and a life of insulin dependence. Treatment for a routine infection one Monday morning yielded, with stunning speed, to a glucose monitor, test strips, and a life-altering diagnosis. In SHOT, Amy Ryan shows what it really takes to manage an incurable disease.
Get notified about newly published Savvy Diabetic posts.
- Savvy Eating, 7/10/19: Carrots Made From Meat, Baked Goods without Eggs or Butter, Fast Food and Diabetes, Celery Juice, Tabouli, Minerals and Spices, Tenderly
- Savvy Updates, 7/8/2019: BG Variability, Fear of Hypoglycemia (FoH), T1d and Depression, Gut Biome and Social Stress, Whole Genome Sequencing
- Savvy Follow-Up on Snacks!
- Savvy Asks: What Do You Eat for Lo Carb, Lo Calorie Snacks?
- Savvy Eating, 26 June 2019: About Protein, Mediterranean Diet and Liver Fat, Blueberries False Studies, Keto and Cholesterol, Granola Bars