SHOT: Staying Alive with Diabetes, by Amy F. Ryan, is an intimate portrait of a young woman’s sudden transition to type 1 diabetes and a life of insulin dependence. Treatment for a routine infection one Monday morning yielded, with stunning speed, to a glucose monitor, test strips, and a life-altering diagnosis. In SHOT, Amy Ryan shows what it really takes to manage an incurable disease.
Get notified about newly published Savvy Diabetic posts.
- Savvy Pets, 12/13/19: A House Full of Fur: Enzo, Erni and Miles Davis
- Savvy Health, 12/11/19: Insulin Resistance, BPA as an Endocrine Disruptor, Banana Art
- Breaking News, 12/10/19: Beta Bionics Receives FDA Breakthrough Device Designation for the iLet™ Bionic Pancreas System
- Savvy Pets, 12/6/19: Fur Pup Amber, the Velcro Vizsla
- Savvy Eating, 12/4/19: TOP 10 Plant-Based Foods, Saffron, Sparkling Water, Art Therapy for Diabetes