SHOT: Staying Alive with Diabetes, by Amy F. Ryan, is an intimate portrait of a young woman’s sudden transition to type 1 diabetes and a life of insulin dependence. Treatment for a routine infection one Monday morning yielded, with stunning speed, to a glucose monitor, test strips, and a life-altering diagnosis. In SHOT, Amy Ryan shows what it really takes to manage an incurable disease.
Get notified about newly published Savvy Diabetic posts.
- Savvy Updates, 9/21/20: Islet Viability Matrix (UPenn), Tuina Therapy for Insulin Delivery, Antibiotics and T1D Heart Disease, Impact of Covid-19 on Research & Clinical Trials
- Savvy Pets, 9/18/20: A Cat Named Sugar Who Knew Manaya Had T1D
- Savvy Looping, 9/16/20: Scott Benner of Juicebox Podcast on Looping and Raising a T1D,
- Savvy Pets, 9/11/20: An AMAZING Pet Bonanza, with Ragz, Papyrus, Cali & Mickey
- SAVVY Is As Savvy Does: Shoes!