Associated Press reporter Patrick Connolly, in 1986, adjusts the insulin pump he wears on his belt to keep his blood sugar near normal. The 1-pound pump delivers a squirt of insulin through a slim tube into a small needle under the skin of Connolly’s abdomen every few minutes. AP
Get notified about newly published Savvy Diabetic posts.
- Savvy Eating: Keto Diet, Artificial Sweeteners
- Savvy Update 10/15/2018: Tidepool + Loop, Wireless Charging, Dual Hormone Patch Pump
- Savvy Diabetic on The Bonnie Sher Show SEASON OPENER!!
- Guest Blog: Life with Cody, the Tuxedo Cat with Type 1 Diabetes
- Savvy Updates 10/2/2018: Libre2, Muscle Switch & Exercise, Tandem iPump and t:Sport, Digital Glasses, Gut Microbes